thrashingcows
Drowning deep in my sea of loathing...so I'm
Yesterday I made a plate to slip into the ashtray for my manual on/off switch for the fans. I did not want to rely wholly on the coolant temperature switch. 
Here is a link to that thread....
http://www.1stgen.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17265
here is a pic of it installed in the truck...

And a week or so ago I installed the coolant temperature switch below the T-stat housing...since I have a NV4500 I did not need that location for the engine coolant lines to the water/oil cooler for the tranny.
The switch is on and 200* and off at 185*, and is a ground to the block as it's switch. It was 3/8" NPT, and I had to get an adapter to fir the block since it is 1/2" NPT.

Here is a link to that thread....
http://www.1stgen.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17265
here is a pic of it installed in the truck...

And a week or so ago I installed the coolant temperature switch below the T-stat housing...since I have a NV4500 I did not need that location for the engine coolant lines to the water/oil cooler for the tranny.
The switch is on and 200* and off at 185*, and is a ground to the block as it's switch. It was 3/8" NPT, and I had to get an adapter to fir the block since it is 1/2" NPT.















