thrashingcows
Drowning deep in my sea of loathing...so I'm
Now to the install.....
I had to figure out brackets and how I was going to mount them, since they did not come with brackets, nor would they have worked due to fact that the bars were being used on the opposite sides.
So after thinking and pondering this, and looking at how others have mounted steps and bars, I decided to use a bunch of 2" angle iron.
I cut 12 pieces or 2" angle at 8" long and welded 2 pieces of them together to make the brackets from the body to the steps.

Drilled 6 holes in each bracket and used some self tapping screws to hold them in place.

And once in place I screwed 2 more from the front side through the pinch weld seam at the bottom of the rockers, into the bracket....very stable and secure now!

I had to figure out brackets and how I was going to mount them, since they did not come with brackets, nor would they have worked due to fact that the bars were being used on the opposite sides.
So after thinking and pondering this, and looking at how others have mounted steps and bars, I decided to use a bunch of 2" angle iron.
I cut 12 pieces or 2" angle at 8" long and welded 2 pieces of them together to make the brackets from the body to the steps.

Drilled 6 holes in each bracket and used some self tapping screws to hold them in place.

And once in place I screwed 2 more from the front side through the pinch weld seam at the bottom of the rockers, into the bracket....very stable and secure now!























