1967 dart

oh and i am also looking for some bigger torsion bars. I see 1 inch are on sale at just suspension, but i dont have the cash at this moment in time. So i may miss that sale. Anybody happen to have the .920 bars or 1 inch size that they are willing to part with?
 
yes i do believe they are the bib block bars.


and this bug kept pestering me all night tonight. I would set it free only for it to return and land on my head. ... this occured about 5 times. I was about ready to swat the damn thing but figured it must like dartie. So it stayed on the roof of the car the rest of the night while i worked. Sparks from the grinder did not seem to bother the mopar bug.
 

Attachments

  • p_00029.jpg
    p_00029.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 88
those moths have done the same with me on the lloyd many many a time

seems that dart was a lil rougher than i remember..course parking it..and tarping it wasnt good...NEVER tarp a car..it traps tooo much moisture in...there better off in the elements
 
so i have the floors welded in front and rear. I found the rear pans from a guy out of windsor for a steal. :dance:
IMG_1631.jpg

the milk crate and the pail are for my daughter to drive and i to ride shot gun. We go many places in the dart :dance: Always an interesting idea every time :D
IMG_1632.jpg


I was working on the subframe connectors tonight and tacked one in when i went to tack the second side in i noticed that i somehow managed to put them on the wrong side.
So i had to start cutting tack welds :doh: so i could put them on the right sides :doh:
 
I made up some boxes for moving the springs in 3 inches.

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg


My father wanted to build a rotisserie as a challenge .... so he built one. It will come in handy:giggedy: for the dart and for his future ideas. Lots of scrape metal turned into a rotisserie

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg


Dragged home some ss springs, driveshaft loop and i have been tinkering on a challenge for myself.
I have been toying with the idea of putting jeep grand cherokee rear discs onto the 8 3/4 rear axle. I found a jeep to donate the parts. Now its just to figure out how i can work the axle bearings to fit the mounting brackets. Makes me think and keep my mind occupied.

I have been in the hospital for the last 3 weeks so i have had lots of time to think and ponder the disc brake idea.

I will post pics later when i get it figured out.
 
Wow! Kinda weird to see our old Dart stripped down. :D Why were you in the hospital? :wtf: Hope all is ok! Looking forward to more pics/details of this project!! :)
 
in hospital because they could not figure out why i was losing so much blood out of my anus.
after 3 blood transfusions and 3 colonscopies and numurous tests they settled on a huge hemroid. Which they cut out.
 
Not a pretty scenario, but I've been there. The best advice I've ever gotten from medical staff: "Don't push. If it won't come out on its own, don't try to force it." I haven't had a problem since 1995.
 
Very nice! :clap: I've thought about doing that myself after seeing the ready-made plates on Firm Feel's site (which they apparently no longer offer as a kit).
 
i was at mancini racing and seen some guy buying the plates. I looked at them and realized why buy the plates for 24 bucks. When i could make it for 5.
 
still doing a bit of work on the dart

I have cut the wheel tub on the passenger side after scrapping the undercoating off. I almost have the 2 1/4 inch strip welded back in. I keep forgetting to take the camera outside.

I have also been looking at the jeep disk brake setup and pondering how to get the emergency brake to work. A friend wanted his rear brakes on his mustang fixed so we pulled his 2000 mustang into the shop when i noticed the rear brakes and the parking brake in the caliper. Exact idea i was dreaming about after looking at the jeep calipers and parking brake assembly.

I also noticed that Dr diff sells a kit for these exact calipers for a big chunk of change. So i plan to whip out a fresh chunk of 3/8 plate and finesse it into a dd2's version of caliper mount using the base mustangs rear caliper and the rotor.

shop is a bit tight lately as my dad is building a new 10 ton 20 foot trailer. Axles will have Dodge Ram brakes (took the axles from a ram and made his own heavy axle tubes)

Will hopefully remember to take some pics tomorrow.
 
sounds like the same general design as the e-brake on the alfa rears..a lever that moves the piston on the calipers just a lil bit..but on these it moves both sides (2 pot per cal)

be curious to see what youve got brewin
 

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back
Top