Rusty's not very quiet cuda progress

In another neighborhood!
That's about an 1" lower than the high point on my property, flash floods my whole property is under a 14" high river, when I had tires on rims stacked one year they & my garbage pails floated across the street & almost made it into the stream that hit's the reservoir a few blocks away dragged em all back.
They don't call it frog town for nothing!
PU is high enough, charger gets parked on the high point in driveway, water gets within inches of the bottom door seam, have survived a few, worst was floyd, it pushed in my basement windows & flooded the basement, then power went out & the sump pump was useless.
Had the windows shortened to above ground so I just get minor flooding now, power down is always the condition that kills, have been thinking of getting an automatic generator, gas powered I have, is a pain, & has to wait for the rain to stop.
 
In another neighborhood!
That's about an 1" lower than the high point on my property, flash floods my whole property is under a 14" high river, when I had tires on rims stacked one year they & my garbage pails floated across the street & almost made it into the stream that hit's the reservoir a few blocks away dragged em all back.
They don't call it frog town for nothing!
PU is high enough, charger gets parked on the high point in driveway, water gets within inches of the bottom door seam, have survived a few, worst was floyd, it pushed in my basement windows & flooded the basement, then power went out & the sump pump was useless.
Had the windows shortened to above ground so I just get minor flooding now, power down is always the condition that kills, have been thinking of getting an automatic generator, gas powered I have, is a pain, & has to wait for the rain to stop.
My kid's house has a basement with a sump so we live in fear of a power outage followed by inches of rain.

We have been considering a natural gas generator for years but it always seemed like it was going to be a hassle getting from the gas meter to the electric meter so we never went that way.

My big rain concern is the used-to-be-a-pool behind my house (20x40 IIRC). The contractor tried busting holes in the bottom but you know what - you really can't. The bottom of the pool is on the ground and a hole goes nowhere. I've got a feeling that the thing is still holding water and slowly filling up when it rains, and one of these days it will all break loose and wash out my foundation.

No matter what though, there will never be enough bad to block out the happiness I felt when the pool was gone. God I hated that thing.
 
I messed with the peeling clear on the rubber bumpers today, seems like a livable repair where it was all off, center area behind the trunk was all off.........20261008_130946.jpg
On the side there was a good sized area where I couldn't just peel it off, I sanded a little just to see, well not great it shows through bad20261008_131003.jpg
Now I have to decide if I bother with that lower lip that's peeling pretty bad? 20261008_131014.jpgSo there was one area up front where I had gotten it all off, gave it a quick shot to see, different than the hood, but again better than peeling clear.
Part I shot is right under the shadow of my hand & the phone! 20261008_130912.jpgBeats the hell out of this...........20261008_130919.jpgFront is going to be a lot of work, not sure I want to do all that on a car I'm thinking of trading in?
 

Attachments

  • 20261008_130912.jpg
    20261008_130912.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20261008_130919.jpg
    20261008_130919.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20261008_130946.jpg
    20261008_130946.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20261008_131003.jpg
    20261008_131003.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20261008_131014.jpg
    20261008_131014.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I messed with the peeling clear on the rubber bumpers today, seems like a livable repair where it was all off, center area behind the trunk was all off.........View attachment 29578
On the side there was a good sized area where I couldn't just peel it off, I sanded a little just to see, well not great it shows through badView attachment 29579
Now I have to decide if I bother with that lower lip that's peeling pretty bad? View attachment 29580So there was one area up front where I had gotten it all off, gave it a quick shot to see, different than the hood, but again better than peeling clear.
Part I shot is right under the shadow of my hand & the phone! View attachment 29576Beats the hell out of this...........View attachment 29577Front is going to be a lot of work, not sure I want to do all that on a car I'm thinking of trading in?
My GTI did that too. The fiberglass spoiler and flats on the rear bumper look like the front end of your car.

One winter it snowed and froze, then thawed but not completely, snowed more, and froze again, and when that melted off the clear coat had pretty much set itself free from the fiberglass and rubber parts on the rear end of the car.

It's been that way for a couple of years now and I'm not going to mess with it. The car's 10 years old, I'm old enough I don't care if people think my car is ugly, and Gina never drives it :D
 
Yea, I agree, just killing time.
The charger is pushing 20 it's an 07, about to turn 100K.still runs & drives good I did maintain it.
My kids keep telling me to get rid of it & get a new one, I just don't want new with all the crap that's in them. If I do it will probably be a few years old, with 50 60 K on it the milage I put on now I won't live to hit 100K
They also want me to dump the PU, that's an 05 with 166K, but I bought it like 8or9 years ago with 136.K
Now it's just there for backup & if I ever really have to drive in the snow again!
 

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back
Top