Our new pickemup

b-body-bob

Well-known member
This is Gina's papaw truck that we bought last year. Paid too much, but when you find one you should go ahead and buy it because you don't find one every day. 60k miles, 6 cylinder auto.

20260329_182828.jpg20260329_182840.jpg20260329_182916.jpg

It's got red velour interior and some wood trim that makes it seem like a boat or camper ... also has an overhead CB radio but no antenna.
 
This is sort of weird. I replaced the coolant/washer tank so I topped up the coolant. Not long after notice a smell of antifreeze, and a puddle under the cap side of things. I retrieved my AF tester and drew coolant out until it was well down in the radiator and figured that was that.

Today I checked again and it has a small puddle under it and the rad was full to the brim. How is this thing growing coolant? I drew out as much as before again. We'll see what happens.

It's also got a problem that's common on Fords - gurgling in the heater box from trapped air. Supposedly you can start the vehicle on an incline and top up the coolant to burp it. I don't know if that's true or not. Seems like if that was the case the dumb thing would self-burp driving up the hills around here.
 
If one of the heater hoses looks to be the highest point, loosen the hose and burp it there with the engine running.
 

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back
Top