• Links to external websites may be affiliate links that generate revenue. Clicking the links do not add any cost to your transcations, if you choose to purchase.

Get the f__k outta here!

Dr.Jass

Pastor of Muppets
I know things are getting out of hand, but this is ridiculous. That's not a "Buy it Now" price, it's an opening bid. I mean, I recently paid about one-third that amount and I feel like I paid way too much.

Word to the wise: The red ones are also out of production, so what's out there is what's left. Nobody reproduces these. Another casualty of Stellantis abandoning the core Chrysler enthusiast by gutting Mopar Performance.

s-l1600.png

Now you know why Pat wanted your clock!

I had two, both in rough shape, and seriously considered the "mask and repaint" process but the aluminum was so bad. I finally coughed up $200 for an NOS one.

I would like to have one. I'm not going to pay over $100 for one. So I won't ever have one. QED.
Anticipated need drove my purchase.

If you want an orange one and don't mind it being rough, I've got one. I don't have a picture of it at the moment, but I know there's one in the garage. New red ones were still around on eBay last I looked, running between $65-$100.

I let one go with a car to that guy who wouldn't take $300 for a 69 Valiant grille. He wouldn't let me have that pie pan (or the aircleaner and the engine under it) back either. No price was big enough. He's an odd one. The fucker probably would've launched a rod out the side if I could've got it from him anyway. It's just my luck.

At one point I found "318 4 barrel" pie pans and was tempted. Seems like they were red too. Engine's going to be orange, so that's no bueno.

For the Duster I'm just going to stick with the "Coyote Duster" decal on a plain aftermarket aircleaner. One without "Summit" or "Edelbrock" or other goofiness stamped into it. Flat, in other words. It works, IMO.

I've got a 71 dual snorkel, not NOS but it's been hanging on one wall or another since 1982 or so. The 440 Commando pie pan on it has never actually been under a hood.

I wouldn't like selling it, but I guess it actually does have a price - I'm just not sure what it would take to pry it loose. It would be high enough that people might question your sanity for paying it though.

I've got a 71 dual snorkel, not NOS but it's been hanging on one wall or another since 1982 or so. The 440 Commando pie pan on it has never actually been under a hood.

I wouldn't like selling it, but I guess it actually does have a price - I'm just not sure what it would take to pry it loose. It would be high enough that people might question your sanity for paying it though.
You'd be very surprised at what it might bring, especially if the pie pan is the correct orange one... not that the red ones are particularly inexpensive.

Kev started listing things on eBay that he didn't necessarily want to sell, but figured he would for the insane "Buy it Now" prices he's put on them. He got around $600 for a "restored" (new tach movement; the scale is different) '68-'70 B-body Tick-Tock tach, $500 for a set of NOS '71-'74 B-body coupe inside door handles, and $750 for an NOS '71-'72 B/'71-'74 E-body LH body-color racing mirror still in the factory primer. The NOS parts were still in Mopar boxes. He hated to see 'em go, but in the case of the NOS parts they went for about five times what he paid 20+ years ago.

Hemi guys know what they're facing when they buy the car, but yeah--that's fairly insane. Even more silly, this T/A air cleaner has been for sale for several years at that price, and he's not moving a cent on it.

Six Pack air cleaners are completely off the hook in general. I recently sold a used one for $450 plus shipping, and it was the "air conditioning" base Chrysler never made originally but accidentally reproduced in the late '90s/early 2000s. There was a notch out of the front, supposedly to clear an RV2 compressor:

100_4925.JPG

100_4950.JPG

The buyer tried to chisel me down on the price, but the next-cheapest one he could find was cut for a two-speed wiper motor (huge notch in the back). That dude wanted $699, and that was for the base only! I pointed that out and he waited a couple of weeks before realizing mine was a pretty good deal. It was a great deal for me since I'd bought a complete new one from Chrysler three years prior for $290, and another NOS one late last year off eBay for $335 shipped. :LOL:

To nobody's surprise, the 340 pie pan didn't sell. What's truly amazing is that he relisted it at an even more staggering price.

How the hell does that logic work, exactly? "I couldn't get my absurd price, so it must be worth more."

How the hell does that logic work, exactly? "I couldn't get my absurd price, so it must be worth more."
Maybe it's meant to attract attention so he can sell a quantity of not-quite-so-insanely priced stuff.

Beyond that, it sure makes no sense to me.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back