b-body-bob
Well-known member
I did this yesterday (it's finished now)

People freak out about clamping it. If you clean the car and seal both with wax/grease remover, put glue on both parts, wipe it around, and press the seal down really good, it ain't going anywhere. Promise. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=steele+rubber+products+videos especially this one
Another freak out is OMG don't get it on the paint. It wipes right off with a little wax and grease remover.
I also wondered why are we still doing this the hard way? Me, I had a trunk seal I bought about 20 years ago for $15 IIRC, so that's my reason. Yesterday I realized you can get a good quality peel and stick seal for $80. That is the way unless you're going to judged competitions.
If my work doesn't stick, I won't waste my time with this tube of glue stuff again.

People freak out about clamping it. If you clean the car and seal both with wax/grease remover, put glue on both parts, wipe it around, and press the seal down really good, it ain't going anywhere. Promise. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=steele+rubber+products+videos especially this one
Another freak out is OMG don't get it on the paint. It wipes right off with a little wax and grease remover.
I also wondered why are we still doing this the hard way? Me, I had a trunk seal I bought about 20 years ago for $15 IIRC, so that's my reason. Yesterday I realized you can get a good quality peel and stick seal for $80. That is the way unless you're going to judged competitions.
If my work doesn't stick, I won't waste my time with this tube of glue stuff again.