My 76 Sassy grass Runner is sold

76 Beeper

Yep.........I took the plunge and sold the car. After the accident, I couldn't get the guy who was gonna do the work commit to a date to start on the car, so I started looking for something else. I've always loved the 71 B-Body Runner, so I started looking and found one!! At the same time, I sold the 76 to another F-Body lover who will restore it back to her former glory. It was tuff to see the 76 go to a new home as it was my first actual muscle car, but I am happy she will be restored. In the meantime this is what I found.....a 1971 Plymouth Satellite.

Here's the 76 going to her new home.........
S2010267.jpg

And here's the new project.
S2010276.jpg

S2010277.jpg

S2010282.jpg

S2010289.jpg

S2010290.jpg

Plans are to clone her into a 71 Road Runner. I have my 360 motor for power as the previous owner wants the existing 440 that's in it back.
S2010295-1.jpg

Looks like I'll have to change my name from 76 Beeper to 71 Beeper :D

I think that's a pretty good upgrade!

Is that gold under the hood!?!?
Change it back to that! Change it back to that! Change it back to that!

Nice car. Sad to see the F-body go...I've always liked them too, but the 71 is definitely up there in my books as well.

I agree with DCF...if you ever have to repaint, go back to the original gold. Hemi orange is over done. I usually walk past all those bright colored cars and head for the brown/green/beige/gold colored cars.

Coulda saved yourself the trouble of cloning and just bought Beeper71's car. :D Good lookin ride either way. :)

Thanks guys......I'm undecided what colour to go with the car for now.
The car is currently red (the pictures may be deceiving)
The car was previously a race car at one time. Previous owner took out the roll cage.
It still has a tin dash with aftermarket gauges and racing buckets.
DSCF0337.jpg

So I'll be on the lookout for factory stuff.
At least there's an 8 3/4 out back with 4:10's in it.

Well I have some left over 71-74 B-body dash stuff. Misc gauges, and dash cluster surrounds, heater control etc. If you can't find anything close to home you can always drop me a line and we can work something out.

I have a good condition nos interior that would go with the gold paint. Consists of all interior panelswith door panels and highback bench seat and complete rear seat. Just no roof liner, dash or package tray.

Nice piece! My first Mopar was a 72 Satellite Sebring, it looked Petty Blue, with a blue interior and white vinyl top. Have I ever stated how much I HATE, LOATHE, DETEST snow?

It looks great. I'm a big fan of the white paint, too. It's a nice change in a sea of Hemi Orange, the various mdeium blues (the B5s and those like them), purple, etc. Ignoring the original paint code was an excellent decision should you ever need to sell it. Gold cars are "lot dogs", i.e. notoriously hard to sell.

This is true Dr. Jass.
You definitely want a bright color. I was going to go with the Sassy Grass green like I had on my F-body but I liked the contrast that white and black does, so I decided with the Alpine white.

while i hate white for various reasons..thats one pretty runner, and its one of those bodys that genuinely looks good in
i LOVE the hyper detailed paint every bit by itself and key color stuff..makes for alot of eyecandy without the need of being flashy....i wish more guys did that

Since it is a tribute car I'm trying to be somewhat low key with it. I did say somewhat.. :oops:
Trying to keep it clean and detailed.
It's gonna look like this only once - then when its on the road it will be enough of a chore to keep it clean.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back