If I had $40k

Very unique and the advanced engineering is admirable, but would you drive it on a regular basis or leave it as a show piece. If the latter, then leave it to a museum. :huh:

I love the Airflow and all it represents about Chrysler engineering and its place in history, but own one? I don't think I'd really enjoy it much.

Huh, I guess I didn't realize that it's just a boring sedan underneath. There's a guy here in town who's got a Desoto Airflow, but it's been dragged through the summit catalog a couple of times. Mango and Seafoam paintjob, just to give you an idea.

tatra_t87.jpg

Give me one of these! Rear mounted, air cooled V8!

Last edited:
see i like that citroen much more...the air flow to me looks like a bad VW...aint much from the 30/40s that i like save for the BIG cars

It's a Tatra! The Czech Republic's best contribution to the world. I think this one is late thirties/early forties.

Interestingly enough, Dr. Ferdinand Porsche was sued by his former employer (Tatra) for cribbing their design for his Beetle. They continued making cars all through the Soviet era. Engines in the back, all of them.. The 613 was the luxobarge for the inner circle
Tatra_613-4.jpg

The ambulance they made was also rear engined.. The patient rode on the doghouse. The world's largest collection of Tatras outside of CZ is at the Lane Motor Museum, in Nashville. Worth a visit.

Last edited:
if i can help it i will NEVER cross the rockies again...short of a single trip down whatever i can find of 66. tatra eh..i had all but forgotten they even made CARS..i swear it looks like a citroen clone only...more evil henchman worthy...i wonder how that red beast handles...i mean rear engine is not always a bad thing..look at the prancing ponies, lotus, and pooch

Nah, they were ripping off their 603

tatra-603-2.jpg

2.5 liter air cooled hemi V8

Weighs about 400 pounds, giving the car 47/53 weight distribution.

th

But it looks more like a Gremlin up front. In fact, other than the headlamp count it looks almost exactly like a Gremlin. :D

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back