Honey BBQ Chicken wings....

thrashingcows

Drowning deep in my sea of loathing...so I'm
We used to get some quality Honey Garlic wings through our local Costco, but they changed vendors of this product and since then they were not even in the same ball park. We tried several different manufacturers of pre-made wings and just couldn't find anything we liked...and the last ones we got the skin was so thick and greasy the wings looked grey...absolutely disgusting!

So I went diggin on-line to find a recipe for some homemade wings. After looking at dozens of recipes I finally found one I thought I would like to try. Made them this evening for diner....Wow they were so good and the whole familly loved them, definitely a do again!

Honey BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe by Tasty

Ingredients​

for 20 wings

• 1 cup flour (125 g)
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 20 chicken wings, or drumettes
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce (290 g)
  • ½ cup honey (170 g)

Preparation​

1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
  2. In a bowl, combine flour, chili powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Coat the wings in the flour evenly, shaking off any excess.
  3. Place the floured wings on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet and spread them out in a single layer.
  4. Bake for 45 minutes, flipping halfway through, until skin is crispy and golden brown.
  5. Preheat oven to 500°F (250°C).
  6. In a separate bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and the honey. Stir the cooked wings in the sauce and coat them evenly.
  7. Place the coated wings back onto the baking sheet and spread them in a single layer.
  8. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until sauce is bubbly and caramelized. Cool, then serve.
  9. Enjoy!

Note:

I did 40 wings so made 2x's the dry ingredients...not needed, there is more then enough flour mixture to do 40 wings.

Also as a couple people in the comments suggested I substituted the BBQ sauce/Honey mix for Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce....very tasty!

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back