Boogie barge?

Dr.Jass

Pastor of Muppets
A whole lotta long-roof love.

1970 Plymouth Suburban, rust-free GA car with 435HP MP crate Magnum

00000_9v3cBR8s7az_0CI0pS_1200x900.jpg

At first glance I was drooling, but the optimistic price dulled that quickly. It's definitely in exceptional condition, but are fullsize wagons in their least-expensive stripper trim really bringing anywhere near this? Other than the welcome addition of the hidden headlamps (not available on this model), it's really little more than an engine swap, though an expensive one for sure. I question the choice of a high-strung small-block in this 2.5 gross register ton freighter, though. For less than half the claimed money, a stock-rebuild 440 with something like the MP 280°/.474" camshaft would have considerably more torque at a more-useful spot on the tach. It would probably provide similar fuel economy too, if not better.

00S0S_a4VFbVluboG_0CI0pS_1200x900.jpg

Imagine the resonant drone that echo-chamber interior creates with the chambered mufflers and 3.73 gears. Not the Great American Road Trip car by any means, although you'd never once hear, "Are we there yet?" 😂

oh you lay down enouggh killmat you can fix the drone
but your right about the 440
its a nice clean one tho..didnt the slightly later ones have some lines to the roof?..i thought the 73 i had did...atleast it had every option in the book ordered!

Nice clean example but I highly doubt he'd get that kind of money for it. And no pics of the motor or engine compartment? I wouldn't want that high strung small block in a big Ol' wagon, kind of wasted on that car to be honest. But as stated a mostly stock 383/440 with a good "RV style" cam would get a you a better all around vehicle.

Heck the worn and tired old 71 440 in my 68 T/C wagon still propells the car to grin inducing reactions every time I drive it! And this worn old 440 still nets me 15mpg driving conservatively...but I do also run a dialed in TQ. I have 2.5" dual exhaust with Dyno-max super turbo mufflers and the car sounds great with very little drone on the Hwy, but does have a nice loud throaty roar when you open up those big sewer pipe secondaries! ;)

69...Mine has a slight raised section down the center of the roof, this would have been the same roof used from 65-68 on the full size wagons. 69-73 I believe were a mostly smooth roof, the later 74-78 had a step at the rear B-pillar.

The first thing that happens on my watch is to get rid of all that green framing and pillaring, and apply some window tint. Fast 'n' nasty PS preview:

behp7ax1.jpg

The limitations of Photoshop. When it was more gray, it looked better because you could see the seams and the reflections, but it didn't look black. I wasn't real happy with the results I posted, but based on what the gray looked like even Rallye wheel paint would look better than all those green verticals. Getting a gloss-black look, which is what I wanted, was very difficult.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back