... and then this happened

We had a tree company that we had used for years come in and cut some trees for us and a neighbor. They showed up after a rain, let it be known they were all going to the beach as soon as they got paid, and proceeded to turn our yards upside down. Basically lost all of our topsoil, and we still have trenches in the yard from that. They really don't care if they lose your business because there's always another one.

A neighbor approached me recently telling me he had hired them to cut a tree or two and asked if I would let him drop a fence and bring equipment up my driveway. Then he tells me they wanted to dump the scrap over on my property into a small ravine. It was that same company. That made it easy to tell him no.

I told him about my experience and warned him. They were going to be chipping and grinding and hauling away, so why did they need to push it onto me? I didn't even let them leave scrap on my property when it was my tree they were cutting, after the first time. It's like they were just doing it to see how far they could push me.

They showed up today - unannounced - and did some of what they missed.
But, the roof, although better, is still showing unevenness where the rafters and sheeting was replaced, they again missed the damaged garage eavestrough, and the metal cladding above the kitchen door still looks like a refugee from a hurricane.

Back to the phone and email I go.

Damn.
I made a lot of mistakes when I was in business, but none of it was due to shitty work or not trying. :(

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back