1973 360/727 (mildly worked) barracuda/ 'Cuda clone ( RUSTY 'Cuda's Ride)

RUSTY Cuda

In over my head!
Hey guys been a while, I'm trying to sell the 73 'Cuda (I'm working the 74 & running out of money, I'm retired now so the flow has dried up.)
started asking 27,500, I just relisted it on facebook at 25K, trying to avoid ebay.
What do you guys think of the value of this car, you saw most of the rebuild, I just did fresh paint 3 years age, not perfect but from 5' she looks fine.
Anyway feedback would be appreciated I've got over 30 in in trying to keep the loss to a minimum DSC05963.JPGDSC05968.JPGDSC05970.JPGDSC05980.JPGDSC05985.JPGDSC05978.JPG

as much as i loath Ebodys she sure is pretty

as far as price goes..its hard to say..the guys who would buy it are waiting out the virus storm or snatching stuff up for pennys....even bikes are sellin weird

I would not recommend advertising the car with that license plate on it. It's just sowing seeds of doubt in terms of what's under the paint. I would also highly suggest replacing the pump-carb fuel line (get a repro, they're cheap). That's a lot of rubber hose, and to be honest it's a bit scary.

Other than that, I think some better pictures would really help because the car itself is gorgeous. Take photos on a sunny day in a wide-open space like an industrial-park parking lot or deserted back road. The less background clutter the better, same with reflections (in the LH rear ¾ shot above, the reflection of the garage seems to "warp" the quarter).

Try advertising in Hemmings and the ol' pain-in-the-ass, craigslist. eBay will just result in multiple sales with non-paying bidders (been there), but you get to pay the exorbitant fee every time, sale or not. I don't think you're off the mark on price a'tall; $27.5K isn't a bad number on a nicely-done car like that. I'd think it wouldn't hang around long at $25K. Try advertising on E-body sites, too: ebodies.org, cuda-challenger, and forebodies only. That's where people who are looking will go.

Thanks guys, I'll hit CC, I'm a member there too & like here haven't been visiting much, believe it or not, I'm doing this 'Cuda on a model train forum, mixed in with my train tinkering!

CC.com is for sale, I finally got logged in & did the whole story & aded some pics & hit post & the same sale screen came up again, but empty, I'll try again later.
I checked out some of those value places & all seemed to put the car in the 30K range, going with Good condition. Guess I'll have to be patient , but the 74 is crying for a rotisserie to jump on!

CC.com is for sale...
It works normally for me... ?

However, you can't actually post pictures on that site for some reason. You have to link them from a host site elsewhere. That may be the issue you're having.

E-bodies.org and forebodiesonly are much more active boards so you might have better luck on them. cuda-challenger's had one foot in the grave for a few years now. They've only had about six posts total this month.

build your own rotissery on the cheep!

imo the best place you can take pic's of a car is an empty park, and yeah take the plates off!!!!

the only thing that jumps out at me odd on the car besides what doc mentioned is the red stripe in the door panels and the waterpump/timing cover set lookin halfassed last min fix in there

i dont doubt its a 30k car, selling at this moment may just be tricky

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back