That was helpful - server migration

dodgechargerfan

In a 55 gallon drum, floating down river, and
Staff member
I got a notification at 1 AM that the host was going to migrate the site to a new server.

No indication of WHEN it was going to happen.

At 2:44 AM I got a notification saying it was done.

At most, there would have been a maintenance notice instead of the regular page while the databases were moved.

It kind of pisses me off because I fixed the database error problem yesterday and I wanted to let the fix run for a while before any other changes were made.

Oh well, apparently we're on the host's "newest and highest performance servers with the maximum amount of available resources."

Your 'nut dollars at work. Ad revenue is getting better. I'm getting close to covering about half of the costs, but I do that across 8 different websites that I own and operate. Moparnuts generates the most though and for that, Thanks. It keeps the Slant 6 idling.

Traffic is the first revenue stream. Ad views count when they add up to thousands of views.
Clicks are king. That's what really pays.
Posting a link to something that you're considering to buy on line and then using that link can generate a commission from some links.

NIce. Perhaps the "glitches" will be gone and the speed will be back to what it once was.

I, too, have a large blank area, but mine is mainly between my right ear and left ear.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back