Auto Parts in Canada
  • Latest TechDoc

MOPAR Paint Chips

Publish Date: May 10, 2010, 11:20 am

Paint chip charts for MOPARS from 1967 through 1973.

Read More Read More

• SiteLock Verified

website security
  • VigLink Disclosure

VigLink badge
  • 71 Dart Swinger

I finally have all my parts to do my exhaust system.........
    Ceramic coat headers from Summit....check
    2.5" Flowmaster 40 series muffs....check
    2.5" electronic cutouts from QTP....check
    Couple lengths of 2.5" polished stainless pipe....check

The fun started last weekend. I had no idea how much bs it was going to be to changer from power to manual steering, but I managed to get it done. Then the headers went on without too much cussing. However, doing the pass side was fun........ Drained the oil, then slid the bucket over under the filter. Removed the filter so I could get the header up in there, but its on a 90 degree adapter....... I cleaned off the filter and put it aside. As I'm reaching up loosening the bolt, the adapter drops right into the bucket of oil, soaking the floor, my shoulder, the tire.......
    I get around the front of the car to clean up the mess and soon as I grab the bucket..... swoosh, it was cracked in half. The oil spread everywhere. So I run across town to NAPA to get a bag of floor dry. My buddy was working so had to shoot the breeze for 20min. By the time I got back home the 4 ft oil spot had spread out to about a 12ft spill. After 2 hrs of down time for a clean up it took about 20 min to put the header on, install a filter & new oil and drop her down.

So I fire it up to back into the shop. I notice the fans not moving. I guess I overlooked that part. Once the power steering was out I had nothing running the fan and water pump. I was searching all over in my parts for a double pulley so I could run it off the A/C belt, no luck...........
    After leaving it alone for a couple days I got to thinking about it while I was working today and thought maybe the other single pulleys I have could be a different offset. Soon as I got home I grabbed one out and sure enough, it was what I needed. When I tried to put it on, its bigger so it was hitting the crank pulley. Back to digging in boxes again and in a few minutes came up with the matching crank pulley to go with it.
    She's back togeather again but no belt on the A/C. I figured I will leave that issue til later, as long as the fans working I'm good to go. So now I have to get some cutting and bending done then the exhaust will be going on.........

I will post some pics of the before and after once the work is done
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 71 Dart Swinger started by MoparNutt View original post
    Comments 17 Comments
      MoparNutt -
      The Mopar Performance rod at $80 is too expensive, I can get a universal one for half the price.
      Dr.Jass -
      I don't understand how the hell it broke in the first place!
      MoparNutt -
      Someone had used the original eye end of a pushrod with a threaded rod welded to it, into a long threaded nut, into another piece of threaded rod that they had rounded the end of it for the master cylinder, and a couple of lock nuts.
      Where the threaded rod was welded to the eye, they ground off most of the weld to clean it up. I guess they were afraid someone was going to look up under the dash and see it, lol
      Anyway, the weld was so thin that it just snapped apart. The eye was still bolted to the pedal and the rod just fell on the floor.

I temp welded it back togeather so I could finish bleeding the brakes. I hammered it off the floor several times and its not coming apart any time soon. Regardless, I will change it before driving the car
      MoparNutt -
      Quote Originally Posted by MoparNutt View Post
      Do you know what the length is on those ?
      How much you need for one ?
      I will go out and measure mine later today
      Hard to get up in there to measure properly but looks to be about 5.5-6" long
      I think there is only 2 different sizes used in the 60's 70's Dodges. I could be wrong
      MoparNutt -
      THANKS to dodgedifferent2 for dropping off a proper master cylinder pushrod for me today.
      He even sand blasted it for me much appreciated
      Dr.Jass -
      He gets the "Whattaguy!" Award for March. That was damned nice of him. Good on ya, dd2!
      thrashingcows -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Jass View Post
      He gets the "Whattaguy!" Award for March. That was damned nice of him. Good on ya, dd2!
      I agree...he gets an "Atta boy!!" from me too....
      MoparNutt -
      I just got the wheel alignment done today, then now hours later I read a post on another forum where one guy stated that if you have SS springs, it needs to be tied down at right rear 1" or jacked at front right 1".........
      Anyone ever heard this ?
      Do you think it would make a whole lot of difference or should I be good ?

I went for a tour after it was done. I thought it seemed to have a very slight pull to the left but wrote it off as being the conture of the pavement
      MoparNutt -
      Why is it that when a new comment is made on this post it don't show on the "NEW POSTS" section anymore ?
      thrashingcows -
      Quote Originally Posted by MoparNutt View Post
      Why is it that when a new comment is made on this post it don't show on the "NEW POSTS" section anymore ?
      Think it takes a few minutes for it to show up.
      Dr.Jass -
      It doesn't show up on mine at all either.
      dodgechargerfan -
      I'll check the indexing tomorrow, but it does take a bit. Having it update in real time bogs down the server.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      68R/T -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Jass View Post
      It doesn't show up on mine at all either.
      Ditto here, all other new posts do.
      Stretch -
      I did alignments for years. I'm not sure I understand your "tie down or jack up" comments. You always set your alignment at ride height. Always.

Mopars with radial tires like as much +caster as you can get and still get camber into spec. About 1/2 deg- camber for street driving. That makes 3 deg+ about as much caster as you can get. Toe set at an 1/8" in. Most cars like 3 ths of a deg. more positive caster on the right side to compensate for road crown pull. Some like 5 ths. more some as much as 7 ths. more caster on the right. Caster is always the better angle to play with for a pull because caster does not effect tire wear.

What way does it pull? If it leads right it needs more caster split (more + caster into the right side) assuming its an alignment pull. Does it pull real slow or let go of the wheel and it dives? Tires can cause a pull as can breaks. To check for a radial pull swap the front tires left to right and see if it pulls the the opposite direction. If so. Its the tire causing the problem.
      Dr.Jass -
      Quote Originally Posted by dodgechargerfan View Post
      I'll check the indexing tomorrow, but it does take a bit. Having it update in real time bogs down the server.
      It's not time-related. It just never shows. Ever.
      dodgechargerfan -
      Your reply made this thread show up at the top of the "New Posts" page.

http://www.moparnuts.com/forums/sear...62,64,69,70,71

and I got a notification through Tapatalk that it happened.

Are we talking about the box on the right hand side of the page?
      dodgechargerfan -
      Yep. It's not showing up in that block.

It's set to, but it's snot...
  • Recent Activity

71ChargerRT

Picked up a new daily

Thread Starter: 71ChargerRT

'99 Durango, 2wd, 318. Needs some TLC and maintenance, but for a 400 long block straight across swap I feel I did pretty good. When I get home I'm going to fire up the hairdryer and scrape off that "DJANGO" shit they put on the doors. Once she's up and mechanically correct I'm...

Last Post By: 71ChargerRT Today, 01:53 PM Go to last post
    71dusterman

RIP Gord Downie

Thread Starter: 71dusterman

At the age of 53 Gord Downie of the Tragically Hip past away last night. RIP for a man that represented Canada so well.

Last Post By: restoman Today, 10:38 AM Go to last post
  • Facebook Fans

MOPARnuts.com on Facebook
  • Parts Shopping